Wimbledon Common Golf Club and the Wimbledon Common golf course will reopen for golf as of Friday, 15th May, for respective club members only.
Following the change in Government advice, the playing of golf is now permitted, but with restrictions: only two members of the same household, or with one other person from outside the same household while practising social distancing.
Play will be reintroduced on a phased approach to allow for the increase in visitors to the Common. This will be as follows:
1. Each Club will only play a 9-hole course for the first two weeks, each starting at their first hole. For Wimbledon Common Golf Club, this is holes 1-5 and 15-18.
2. Play is permitted for club members only and must be booked in advance. Green Fee players and guests will not be permitted.
3. Play is only permitted on:
- Mondays to Fridays from 8:00am. Last tee off at 12noon. Play to be finished by approx 2pm.
- Saturday and Sundays from 7:00am. Last tee off at 11:00am. Play to be finished by approx 1pm.
4. All members must display a club badge and must have a current membership sticker on their bags or they will be asked to leave the course.
Wimbledon and Putney Commons Conservators will put up additional signage to make visitors aware of these changes and we would ask you all to please take extra care if walking on the golf course during the times that play is permitted.
WCGC has communicated additional safe golf measures to its member golfers.
The situation will be reviewed in two weeks and WPCC will advise if there are any changes.